We were presented with a Dog Jumping course this weekend that I found utterly unfair to all competitors in the grade:
- The above, in my opinion, showed a total lack of respect for handlers and their training.
- There was absolutely no "test" of skill in this course.
- The course was set to watch handlers and dogs FAIL, the time set was fast, and hardly achievable.
- The course, instead of being a confidence-builder, and something positive and enjoyable, was the total opposite - demotivating and depressing.
- Handlers were made to feel demoralized, cheated, angry, frustrated.. and the list goes on...
The judge clearly has NO CLUE as to what dogsports are about, about handling, and about training, and that is truly sad for our sport.
Only 1 dog between grades 1, 3 & 5 made it (and it wasn't a pretty sight)
In addition, this was the last opportunity for Eastern Province handlers to qualify for the Nationals (the final Bloem closing date is this week) - just another nail in the coffin of defeat :(
I wish I had not entered... It was just a waste of time for me..!